1-1/4 cups organic vegetable broth
3 Tablespoons Bragg’s liquid amino acids (soy sauce if you must)
1-3 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
I. Make Dough
1. Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl
2. Mix together liquids in a large measuring glass
3. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and add liquid until a dough forms.
4. knead dough on a cutting board until firm (about 10 times) let rest for 5 minutes.
5. knead dough another 5 - 10 times and let rest for 15 minutes
cut or rip dough into strips, it should look like the top picture below
II. Boil Dough
1. Mix 2 cups of water, 2 cups of organic vegetable broth, 1/4 cup of Bragg’s liquid amino acids, 2 tbs of organic extra virgin olive oil, 1 clove of chopped garlic, 1 tsp of red pepper in a saucepan.
2. Bring broth to a boil
3. Add strips, cover saucepan and reduce heat to very low.
4. simmer in broth for 60 minutes or so (seitan will grow in size)
III. Cook Seitan Accordingly
I have used seitan to make jerky for tour, in soups, on sandwiches, grilled or even battered and fried in an oriental fashion.
(my personal favorite is Sesame Chicken Or General Tso’s style over brown rice with local organic veggies)
Broth can be used to make soup, add carrots, onions and potatoes along with some more broth and water and it’s that simple.